Palette info...
u***@garethlock.com
2020-04-23 09:16:48 UTC
Can anyone either provide me with or explain how to extract the RGB values for the default "desktop" palette in 256 colour modes.

Trying to deal with Sprite files on non native hardware...

Thanks.
charles
2020-04-23 09:58:50 UTC
Post by u***@garethlock.com
Can anyone either provide me with or explain how to extract the RGB
values for the default "desktop" palette in 256 colour modes.
Trying to deal with Sprite files on non native hardware...
Thanks.
Artworks will tell you.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
u***@garethlock.com
2020-04-23 10:28:42 UTC
Well... That's alright if you have the money to fork out for a copy of Artworks... I don't!!
Martin
2020-04-23 10:49:08 UTC
On 23 Apr in article
Post by u***@garethlock.com
Can anyone either provide me with or explain how to extract the RGB
values for the default "desktop" palette in 256 colour modes.
How about Wimp_ReadPalette?
--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid
without notice if (when) any spam is received.
u***@garethlock.com
2020-04-23 13:11:28 UTC
Ok... But need entries for all 256 colours, or a program I can feed these 20 values into that will spit out RGB values for all colours displayed in !Paint colour selector.

The target for this would be Linux or possibly Windows. So need to know how to "expand"...
Steve Fryatt
2020-04-23 14:24:32 UTC
Post by u***@garethlock.com
Ok... But need entries for all 256 colours,
The desktop pallette is 16 colours, regardless of screen mode.
Post by u***@garethlock.com
or a program I can feed these 20 values into that will spit out RGB values
for all colours displayed in !Paint colour selector.
Ah, so you /don't/ mean the desktop pallette.
Post by u***@garethlock.com
The target for this would be Linux or possibly Windows. So need to know how to "expand"...
My memory of this is a bit rusty, but isn't the colour number from 0 to 255
composed as %BBGGRRTT, giving two bits each to blue, green, red and "tint".

Then your three colours are formed by rearranging four bits each:

red% = %RRTT0000
green% = %GGTT0000
blue% = %BBTT0000

I'm fairly sure that you'll find it documented in the PRMs -- which, unlike
ArtWorks, are free online.
--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/
druck
2020-04-23 19:33:41 UTC
Post by Steve Fryatt
My memory of this is a bit rusty, but isn't the colour number from 0 to 255
composed as %BBGGRRTT, giving two bits each to blue, green, red and "tint".
red% = %RRTT0000
green% = %GGTT0000
blue% = %BBTT0000
I'm fairly sure that you'll find it documented in the PRMs
That's correct, and it's in the PRMs.

However that's in terms of the old Archimedes 12bit colour system. If
you want the palette to cover the full range of 24bit RGB, i.e white is
proper white rather than a very light grey, use:-

red% = %RRTTTTTT
green% = %GGTTTTTT
blue = %BBTTTTTT

---druck