RISC OS / Norcroft header reference.
u***@garethlock.com
2020-03-14 01:09:45 UTC
Just getting into C on RO. I have an older version of the DDE (as bundled with NutPi), so therefore have a copy of the Norcroft tools. What I can't seem to find online is a quick reference / list of functions etc provided by each of the RO specific headers.

Can anyone point me in the right direction...
j***@mdfs.net
2020-03-14 09:58:48 UTC
Read the headers themselves.
u***@garethlock.com
2020-03-14 10:49:07 UTC
I was hoping to avoid that, but c'est la vie...

There were a couple of other things too...

What does BASIC actually do behind MODE, GCOL & RECTANGLE FILL? Need to re-create these in C...

Anyhow...

Guess I'll be trawling the BASIC src code too...
News
2020-03-14 11:18:39 UTC
Post by u***@garethlock.com
What does BASIC actually do behind MODE, GCOL & RECTANGLE FILL?
Need to re-create these in C...
At the low level, use the corresponding swix.

Much better to use a library such as oslib.
Chris Johnson
j***@mdfs.net
2020-03-16 21:14:08 UTC
Post by u***@garethlock.com
What does BASIC actually do behind MODE,
VDU 22,mode
Post by u***@garethlock.com
GCOL
VDU 18,action,colour
Post by u***@garethlock.com
& RECTANGLE FILL? Need to re-create these in C...
MOVE x,y:PLOT 101,x+w,y+w or
MOVE x,y:PLOT 101,x+w,y+h

See http://beebwiki.mdfs.net/OSWRCH#Calling_from_BBC_BASIC

There are existing libraries that parcel these up for you.
Steve Fryatt
2020-03-16 22:54:27 UTC
Post by j***@mdfs.net
Post by u***@garethlock.com
What does BASIC actually do behind MODE,
VDU 22,mode
If we're talking OSLib (I'll second Chris's recommendation), then this is
more likely a call to os_screen_mode() on a recent OS, or wimp_set_mode() on
an older one.

In fact, didn't BASIC rather famously use Wimp_SetMode back in the RiscPC
days, which led to AU's *Info's PROCmode() being created.
Post by j***@mdfs.net
Post by u***@garethlock.com
GCOL
VDU 18,action,colour
More usefully, perhaps, colourtrans_set_gcol().
Post by j***@mdfs.net
Post by u***@garethlock.com
& RECTANGLE FILL? Need to re-create these in C...
MOVE x,y:PLOT 101,x+w,y+w or MOVE x,y:PLOT 101,x+w,y+h
Or several calls to os_plot().
--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/
druck
2020-03-17 13:32:41 UTC
Post by Steve Fryatt
In fact, didn't BASIC rather famously use Wimp_SetMode back in the RiscPC
days, which led to AU's *Info's PROCmode() being created.
It did, which was a royal pain in the arse running some graphically
silly only to find your 2048x1536 8bpp desktop (using ViewFinder) was
now only 320x240 in 16 colours.

---druck

Jean-Michel
2020-03-14 11:23:53 UTC
Hi,
Post by u***@garethlock.com
Just getting into C on RO. I have an older version of the DDE (as bundled
with NutPi), so therefore have a copy of the Norcroft tools. What I can't
seem to find online is a quick reference / list of functions etc provided
by each of the RO specific headers.
Can anyone point me in the right direction...
Using !StrongHelp with manuals:
https://www.riscos.info/downloads/stronghelp/manuals/

os339.Zip ... etc

just press F1 an you get informations.
Jean-Michel
u***@garethlock.com
2020-03-16 03:03:23 UTC
Ok... Progress made, got a test prog to compile earlier this afternoon. What I might do at some point is go through the headers in question and build a list of functions as a reference... Anyhow.