Number of lines listed by *MEMORYI
x***@gmail.com
2018-02-03 21:19:11 UTC
Hi all.

When using MEMORYI for simple memory contents check, I notice the number
of lines printing the results is rather limited.
Is there a simple way to get a full page heigth of results
and
is there a way to get unlimited listing of results, with the command asking to scroll when a full screen of results is displayed ?
Thanks.

Also : is there a command to see memory address, memory contents, and not this format :
memory address : ASCII : hexadecimal : ARM instructions
as I am only interested by this formatting :
memory address : hexadecimal (on word aligned addresses)

Thanks for your help.

And yes I know I could write a very simple BASIC function to get what I want, but well if the CLI command can fulfill my needs, why reinventing the wheel ?
Theo
2018-02-04 01:19:20 UTC
Post by x***@gmail.com
Hi all.
When using MEMORYI for simple memory contents check, I notice the number
of lines printing the results is rather limited.
Is there a simple way to get a full page heigth of results
and
is there a way to get unlimited listing of results, with the command
asking to scroll when a full screen of results is displayed ?
If I remember:
*MemoryI <start address>+<length>
or
*MemoryI <start address> <end address>

eg, for a long dump:

*MemoryI 8000+1000000

If you want to enable the pager, press Ctrl-N.
Then it will pause for every screenful - press Shift for the next.
Ctrl-O will disable the pager. This works for any command line program.

(If you're running in a TaskWindow your editor may not obey this - but then
you have a scrollbar anyway).
Post by x***@gmail.com
memory address : ASCII : hexadecimal : ARM instructions
memory address : hexadecimal (on word aligned addresses)
Try *Memory
that will still give you an ASCII as well as hex dump, but it shows a lot
more data per line than the disassembly.

Theo
x***@gmail.com
2018-02-04 09:36:19 UTC
Post by x***@gmail.com
memory address : ASCII : hexadecimal : ARM instructions
memory address : hexadecimal (on word aligned addresses)
Try *Memory
that will still give you an ASCII as well as hex dump, but it shows a lot
more data per line than the disassembly.
Theo
Thanks Theo !
I didn't know there was Ctrl N.
It is enough for my needs.
Martin
2018-02-03 23:22:04 UTC
On 03 Feb in article
Post by x***@gmail.com
When using MEMORYI for simple memory contents check, I notice the
number of lines printing the results is rather limited.
No - there is a range parameter.
See *Help memoryi
Post by x***@gmail.com
Is there a simple way to get a full page heigth of results and is there
a way to get unlimited listing of results, with the command asking to
scroll when a full screen of results is displayed ? Thanks.
Not sure if there is in a TaskWindow as there is no concept of pages ...
but if using full command line then yes ... if you enable paging
(Ctrl-something, I cannot remember what it is so long since I used it).
Post by x***@gmail.com
memory address : ASCII : hexadecimal : ARM instructions
memory address : hexadecimal (on word aligned addresses)
Yes - see *Help memory

The StrongHelp StarCmds manual has a bit more information that the *Help.
--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid
without notice if (when) any spam is received.
x***@gmail.com
2018-02-04 10:53:10 UTC
Post by Martin
Post by x***@gmail.com
memory address : ASCII : hexadecimal : ARM instructions
memory address : hexadecimal (on word aligned addresses)
Yes - see *Help memory
The StrongHelp StarCmds manual has a bit more information that the *Help.
--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid
without notice if (when) any spam is received.
Ctrl N doesn't work when I issue the MEMORYI command via by OSCLI from BASIC.
Any idea how I can send this 'Ctrl N' so that it works ?

Thanks for your help.
Martin
2018-02-04 14:37:36 UTC
On 04 Feb in article
Post by x***@gmail.com
Post by Martin
On 03 Feb in article
Post by x***@gmail.com
When using MEMORYI for simple memory contents check, I notice the
number of lines printing the results is rather limited.
[Snip]
Post by x***@gmail.com
Post by x***@gmail.com
Ctrl N doesn't work when I issue the MEMORYI command via by OSCLI from
BASIC. Any idea how I can send this 'Ctrl N' so that it works ?
You do not say how you are running the BASIC program, and whether it is
single-tasking or Wimp based, or if it is full-screen - all of which
could affect what you are trying to do.

If a Wimp program (or running in a TaskWindow) I would use *ReportDump
from my Reporter application to display data when it is needed.

If full-screen single-tasking, I would have expected Ctrl-N to work.

If single-tasking but started from the desktop you may have a problem, as
the window which displays the output is just a temporary window, but if
you use VDU14 to send a Ctrl-N then it seems to be scrollable.

Martin
x***@gmail.com
2018-02-04 14:43:07 UTC
Post by Martin
On 04 Feb in article
Post by x***@gmail.com
Post by Martin
It is a simple BASIC program so it is not windowed.
x***@gmail.com
2018-02-04 14:50:12 UTC
Thanks for VDU 14 : it works a treat.