Missing parts to compiling !POPStar
Alexander Ausserstorfer
2018-09-23 15:15:52 UTC
OK, I have now DDE here but already failing compiling !POPStar because
I'm missing some parts.

http://www.heenan.me.uk/acorn/download.html

I copied the source code of !POPStar to
SCSI::HardDisc4.$DDE.Projects_DDE.POPStar

According to pops205src/zip.HowTo it requires

wimpclib
NetLib or socketlib
and SysLog

wimpclib and SysLog I find over the upper link but I'm still missing
NetLib / socketlib. Is there an online source where can I download it /
them?

The link http://www.excessus.demon.co.uk to download the Straylight
source core also doesn't work. Where can I find it?

It seems that everything is a bit complicate to compile !POPStar here.

Thanks,

Alex
--
http://home.chiemgau-net.de/ausserstorfer/
Tempus fugit.
Alex Macfarlane Smith
2018-09-23 20:19:52 UTC
Post by Alexander Ausserstorfer
OK, I have now DDE here but already failing compiling !POPStar because
I'm missing some parts.
http://www.heenan.me.uk/acorn/download.html
I copied the source code of !POPStar to
SCSI::HardDisc4.$DDE.Projects_DDE.POPStar
According to pops205src/zip.HowTo it requires
wimpclib
NetLib or socketlib
and SysLog
wimpclib and SysLog I find over the upper link but I'm still missing
NetLib / socketlib. Is there an online source where can I download it /
them?
The link http://www.excessus.demon.co.uk to download the Straylight
source core also doesn't work. Where can I find it?
It seems that everything is a bit complicate to compile !POPStar here.
Thanks,
Alex
Bear in mind that that source download on the website is probably 'old'
- as it suggests at the top, you can download the code via CVS from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/riscosnet/ (I just did that just now to
peer at the Makefile etc.)

I think socketlib comes with AcornC/C++ (or whatever it's called these
days) - certainly the libraries it seems to look for are inetlib,
unixlib, socklib (which from memory are the AcornC/C++ socket libraries).

It might be possible to persuade it to build with GCC but I don't think
it ever was historically.

Alex.