Recent version of GhostScript?
Rob Hemmings (News)
2020-06-05 13:28:11 UTC
Does anyone know if there is a port of GhostScript version 9.05 or later
for RISC OS? I want to use it to calculate ink costs for printing and at
the moment I can only do that on Windows as the RISC OS version I have
(GhostScript 8.71) does not have the necessary device type.
Rob Hemmings Southport

***@dsl.pipex.com
Chris Gransden
2020-06-05 16:57:16 UTC
Post by Rob Hemmings (News)
Does anyone know if there is a port of GhostScript version 9.05 or later
for RISC OS? I want to use it to calculate ink costs for printing and at
the moment I can only do that on Windows as the RISC OS version I have
(GhostScript 8.71) does not have the necessary device type.
I've done a port of ghostscript 9.26. I can make it available for download
at some point over the weekend.
Email: ***@care4free.net
f***@freakmail.de
2020-06-05 21:52:35 UTC
Post by Chris Gransden
I've done a port of ghostscript 9.26. I can make it available for download
at some point over the weekend.
--
Hallo Chris,

that would be very nice :-) , as I'm also interested in a newer
version.

TIA,
Juergen
Chris Gransden
2020-06-06 07:51:55 UTC
Post by f***@freakmail.de
Post by Chris Gransden
I've done a port of ghostscript 9.26. I can make it available for download
at some point over the weekend.
--
Hallo Chris,
that would be very nice :-) , as I'm also interested in a newer
version.
Ghostscript 9.26 can be downloaded from
https://www.riscosports.co.uk/downloads.html. It uses more memory than
previous versions so RISC OS 5.2x is recommended. This version also
includes the gpcl6 and gxps commands. These have only been briefly tested.
Email: ***@care4free.net
Doug Webb
2020-06-06 14:51:04 UTC
Post by Chris Gransden
Ghostscript 9.26 can be downloaded from
https://www.riscosports.co.uk/downloads.html. It uses more memory than
previous versions so RISC OS 5.2x is recommended. This version also
includes the gpcl6 and gxps commands. These have only been briefly tested.
Hi Chris,

Downloaded and tested by printing a couple of documents using !PS3
driver/PDFMaker/PrintPDF and it seems ok on ARMX6 5.27 19-Jun-2020 ROM.

Thanks once again for supporting us all.
--
Experience the future using ARM Technology - ARMBook,BeagleBoard -xM,
PandaBoard,Raspberry Pi,iMX6/ARMX6,IGEPv5 & Titanium powered by RISC OS
5.27.
Rob Hemmings
2020-06-06 10:01:22 UTC
Post by Chris Gransden
Post by Rob Hemmings (News)
Does anyone know if there is a port of GhostScript version 9.05 or later
for RISC OS? I want to use it to calculate ink costs for printing and at
the moment I can only do that on Windows as the RISC OS version I have
(GhostScript 8.71) does not have the necessary device type.
I've done a port of ghostscript 9.26. I can make it available for download
at some point over the weekend.
That is great news, thanks very much.
Rob Hemmings Southport

Tel: +44 (0)1704 573210 ***@rgvk.co.uk